Tantalus Hut At Lake Lovely Water
The below guidelines replace any same guidelines listed on the website for this period of time of June 1, 2021 – Sept 30, 2021. All other aspects on the website regarding huts apply, please refer to them.
An opening strategy for our Huts and a full cost modelling of different scenarios has been done to judge if we can meet our operational costs during this time and the best scenario is outlined below.
- a decreased capacity
- an increased cost
- 3 night minimum, set nights
If this model does not work, the Section may be forced to keep the huts closed until a potential reopening at a later date. Please read carefully and only book if you can meet what is outlined as there are no refunds.
We hope to return to as close as possible to our previous running the huts next season.
The Tantalus Hut is open for bookings now through to the end of Sept 2021.
- Exclusive single booking for a group of maximum 16 persons. (no sharing with unknown groups to fill the hut at this time)
- A single person making the booking for the group
- Fri/Sat/Sun 3 night or Mon/Tues/Wed nights (Weekend group check out on Monday is 11am, Monday group check in at 3pm)
- Groups coming out must clean the hut following directions posted in the hut, and incoming groups must clean the hut following the same directions. This will ensure a well sanitized hut under the supervision of each user group.
- $2000 set price for the Fri/Sat/Sun and $1700 for Mon/Tues/Wed nights hut use. A decrease in your group size does not warrant any partial refund as the booking is for the hut. If a member of your group cannot go then a replacement can be found that is within your usual group and all information must be passed onto the booking agent through your original booking email at [email protected].
- Full payment within 48hrs once accepted or booking is dropped.
- No cancellation/refund (weather is not a consideration) – only move if available to another open spot up to the end of Sept 2021, but not guaranteed as the number of bookings available is limited. There may be an upcharge if you are going from a weekday booking to a more expensive weekend booking. No refund of difference for the reverse.
- NO carry forward of any missed bookings – no exceptions other than what is outlined above
- All people in the booking must read and adhere to the ACC Vancouver Section, posted online and in the hut, COVID-19 Safety Plan and Fire suppression plan. It is the responsibility of the person booking to ensure all people in the booking must read them prior to going in.
- ACC Covid-19 Safety Plan – March 20, 2021 – https://accvancouver.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ACC-Covid-19-Safety-Plan-updated-Mar-20-2021.pdf
- The Person making the booking Must fill out and obtain from others in the booking, a signed ACC Health declaration form and send all as one attachment the day before they go in. If this is not received the codes will not be released, therefore no access and there will be no refund. This is your responsibility.
- ACC Declaration of Health – https://accvancouver.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Declaration-of-health-and-exposure-March-2-2021.pdf
- If the booking is made by a guide, proof of their required signed Health declarations must be provided.
- The booking form must be completed with all the information requested or the request will be discarded without notice. (ie, all names, mobile number, and emails for each person going in) This information may be used for contact tracing or for Search and Rescue needs.
- Expect a trip follow-up contact by the booking agent
- The ACC Vancouver Section reserves the right to close the huts at any time if we cannot cover our operational costs. If we have to close them and your booking is cancelled, then a refund for your booking will take place.
- Hut users MUST bring your own hand sanitizer and masks for use at the huts and for use on the Helicopters should you be flying in.
- It is up to the Hut users to arrange their flights with the Helicopter company to confirm they can fly you before making your booking as there are no refunds for any reason.
The Tantalus hut was built by the ACC in 1961 as a base for mountaineering in the Tantalus Range. It is located at the outflow end of Lake Lovely Water (elevation 3850 feet) in the Tantalus Range in the Coast Mountains, approximately 64 km northwest of Vancouver. This site is located in Tantalus Provincial Park at GR 819146 on map 92G/14 (Cheakamus River).
The Tantalus Hut is a two-storey wooden structure with a large kitchen/dining room on the main floor and a separate sleeping loft above with foam mattresses for 16 people. The hut is kept locked. To book your stay, please use the link below to read the Hut Use and Booking Guidelines Policy and to pay the overnight fees. While the Tantalus area offers limited hiking opportunities, the scenery at Lake Lovely Water alone is fabulous. In good weather, people enjoy swimming, boating and fishing. There is a wide variety of climbing opportunities of various grades. Classic alpine routes abound on such peaks as: Tantalus 2603m (8540′); Dione 2590m (8500′); Alpha 2305m (7562′); Serratus 2326m (7632′) and many others. Climbing in the area is covered in Climbing and Hiking in Southwestern B.C. by Bruce Fairley, and in Alpine Select by Kevin McLane. This is not a party destination and Mountain Culture is expected with respect for the environment and for fellow Hut users and campers in the area.
June 1 to Sept 30
Required, the hut is locked and the code changed periodically
Access on Foot
via the Lake Lovelywater Trail: Requires crossing the Squamish River. For boat service across the Squamish River, call Jay Bricknell at 604-815-9647 or 1-866-466-2628. For current cost contact Jay. Typically leaves Brackendale at 9 am and returns 4-5 pm.
Access by Helicopter:
For transportation by air: Please see current list of providers at BC Parks website.
Please read fully each section on your way through the links to the Bookings Form. If you are asking questions and they are in the pre read materials you will be referred back here to read. Fill the bookings form out completely to avoid delays. NOTE: Your booking will be cancelled and no refund given and no further use of the Huts should your booking have any deception associated with it. IE: taking in more people than what you booked for. Claiming member when your not. Accessing the Huts without permission. Before clicking on booking link below this, please read the rest of the material on this page.
Thank you for inquiring about the ACC Vancouver Section Huts, we appreciate the bookings we receive as they support our huts for the ongoing maintenance and upkeep costs so we can continue to offer them to you.
Please read through the information and follow the links.