Typically, we host social events once a month, usually on the fourth Tuesday from January to June and September to November. Our biggest social of the year is in November at our Annual General Meeting.
- Socials are usually held at Mahony’s in Stamps Landing where we can all enjoy some food and beverages while taking in a presentation. During COVID-19 times, we are holding socials online via Zoom.
- We will have members or a guest speaker presenting pictures and describing some amazing trips. We’ll also have a short introduction to get everyone up to speed, and provide information on upcoming activities.
- Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held at the Floral Hall at Van Dusen Gardens on the fourth Tuesday of November where we have a speaker, beverages, popcorn, volunteer recognition and door prizes.
- We also run gear swaps with our Student Outdoor Club, the Varsity Outdoor Club from UBC.
- If you are a member, we’d like to know if you are coming to the events by signing up on our events calendar. This allows us to plan for the numbers for proper staffing at Mahony’s, seating, food and prizes at Van Dusen for the AGM.
- Guests and new-comers are always welcome!
Check in the events calendar.