Join the ACC
You do not need to have any previous experience in the outdoors in order to join the club. Many people join the club to learn how to climb or travel in the backcountry, or even just to spend more time in the mountains. New members who already have strong outdoor skills will also find themselves in excellent company.
A significant player on the Canadian mountaineering stage since 1906, the Alpine Club of Canada provides an enormous range of benefits and services to its members, be they avid young sport climbers or weekend alpine warriors. The Vancouver Section provides local services to members such as free trips and low cost courses.MEMBERSHIP COSTS:Membership in the Vancouver section gives you automatic membership with National Club and the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC. That’s three clubs for the price of one!Electronic membership annual dues for the Vancouver section are:
- Adult: $43 ($33 for the National portion and $10 for ACC Vancouver)
- Family: $65
- Youth: $26, for members 19 years of age and under
Other National Membership Options: Canadian Alpine Journal or Huts. Please visit the national website for full description of all membership options and their costs: How Much Does it Cost? HOW TO JOIN: SIGN ME UP!Joining is easy. Simply follow the link below to the national website and complete the online form by selecting the desired membership options:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: New members may have to wait up-to 12 hours to be assigned access to the trip calendar.
Reminder: The Vancouver section is an entirely volunteer run organization. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
CLUB BENEFITS!The club diligently works at improving benefits for members. In recent years we added:
- An interactive online calendar, which allows easy scheduling, sign-up and automated notification of events.
- Free Rentals of club equipment. Go to “Resources” Gear Rental drop down.
- Discount of 10% at Cimb Base 5 indoor climbing gyms (saving on an annual pass will put money back in your pocket!)
- Other special benefits & member-only events, such as the MEC shopping spree. ACC Vancouver section members have exclusive access to the store and received a 10% discount on all purchases.
- For a larger list of member benefits go to the drop down of “About Us” under Community Partners and to the “Resources” area.
- Reduced fees for club members using the club mountain huts.
- Subsidies for active trip coordinators on courses that the club doesn’t offer (such as first-aid).
- New friends and mentors
- Fun social events
- Monthly meetings with excellent and entertaining slide shows
- A huge variety of local day and overnight trips to choose from, at all skill and energy levels.
- Local 1 or 2 week-long summer/winter camps, generally low-cost and self-supported
- National trips and camps, in the Rockies, Selkirks, Purcells and around the World, of moderate cost with cook, guides and equipment provided
- Day and overnight trips organized by the 25 other sections of the ACC across the country
- Ongoing education and training options.
- Leadership and technical skills building through workshops and courses at both the section and national level
- Liability insurance coverage on all ACC activities
- Access to quality gear and leaders
- News & Upcoming Events usually sent once a month
- Cloudburst, two issues of the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC newsletter per year
- Canadian Alpine Journal, the annual record of major mountaineering achievements in Canada and by Canadians (optionally available at a low member price).
- At the section-owned Tantalus and Jim Haberl huts
- At the many ACC main club huts
- At huts throughout Europe, as a member of the Union International Des Associations D’Alpinisme (UIAA)
- At the Alpine Club of Canada’s own clubhouse in Canmore, Alberta
- At the fabulous Canadian Alpine Centre at Lake Louise, Alberta
Involvement in Access and Environmental Advocacy: Membership in the Federation of Mountain Clubs of B.C. (FMCBC), the political voice of the mountain community in B.C.
Sponsorship of Cultural Events: Such as the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festivals and the Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival
ACC Vancouver supports:
- FMCBC with volunteers
- SAS – Squamish Access Society with volunteers for crag scrubbing
- Maple Ridge Youth Group at our Tantalus Hut at Lake Lovely Water
- Avalanche Canada, Whistler SAR, Squamish SAR, Lions Bay SAR, North Shore SAR, Coquitlam SAR, Ridge Meadows SAR, Hope SAR, Canadian Alpine Journal by donating funds from our Banff Mountain Film Festival proceeds.
- Spearhead Huts Society with volunteers and donation of funds
Other Membership Links
National Member Profile Page
National Membership Information Page
National Membership Renewal Page