Introduction to Backcountry Skiing
Early February (posted December-Early January)
One weekend (Friday evening – Sunday)
Ability to ride blue runs safely under all conditions on the setup you are bringing to the course.
This course is not a substitute for proper avalanche training such as AST 1.
This is a short course to give you information about backcountry skiing: why, where, what you need and how to do it safely. We usually schedule a presentation in November and then have multiple day trips to give you some experience with skins. That way you will feel more comfortable going on easy club trips. Other trips are scheduled to practice the use of avalanche transceivers.
Bookings are made via the events calendar. Find an event and fill out the form to reserve your place.
Upcoming course events
- The Nai on October 2, 2021
- Jackass Mtn on October 16, 2021
- Mt Hewitt Bostock on October 17, 2021
- Mt Nowell on November 13, 2021
- TNF – The North Face Leadership course winter applications on January 22, 2022 7:00 am