Family Day weekend ski touring trip based out of Kees and Claire Hut at Russet Lake.
The cost per participant is $90.40 for the hut fees. Participants will also be expected to purchase a backcountry lift access pass at Whistler for $45 and assist with overnight parking fees and carpool expenses.
- 40-50L Ski Touring pack
- Avalanche Safety Equipment (beacon, shovel, probe)
- Sleeping Bag and sleeping mat
- Personal Food, clothing, and toiletries
- Touring Skis or split board
- Headlamp with high Lumens
- Recommended items:
- A small amount of personal alcohol if desired. This isn’t a party weekend; we are here to ski.
- Sleeping mask and earplugs, the hut can get noisy
- spare socks and gloves
- versatile clothing layers for rapidly changing weather conditions
- ski crampons depending upon conditions of snowpack
- If the group decides to tackle a more significant objective, you may want also to consider a harness and some belay kit in case our objective requires a rappel. We would plan this ahead of time if conditions allow.
Required Skills and Fitness:
- Fitness to ski all day with 30-35lb backpack. Distances up to 15km and 2000m vertical per day for 3 days in a row. I want to stress the importance of physical fitness, it is critical for your enjoyment of this trip.
- Ability to ski/ride black diamond runs on Whistler-Blackcomb under any conditions without falling.
- Completed AST-1 or AST-2
- Recommended: basic first aid training
Participants will be pre-screened by trip leader and selected for ability and social fit with the group.
Sign-ups are no longer available for this event.