Curious about backpacking but not sure where to start?
In this virtual session we’ll share some tips and tricks for a safe and comfortable trip.
We will be conducting this workshop via Zoom. Please join via this link:
This workshop is being offered in partnership with The Alpine Club of Canada Squamish Section.
Please only register for this event through one Section’s calendar. All participants will join the same Zoom meeting.
Some of the stuff we’ll cover:
- Picking an appropriate destination
- What gear to bring
- Keeping your food safe from animals
- Finding clean drinking water
- Hygiene in the backcountry
Following the short presentations there will be time for Q&A and general socializing.
Required Items to Bring:
- Computer or mobile device with Zoom
sign-ups are no longer available for this event.