Hi everyone! so excited about the weather and excited to get out into the backcountry with my recent experience with the ACC intro to backcountry skiing course.
The objective will be Iago peak starting from zopkios rest area parking lot, driving up Friday night, and staying the night in hope to tour early saturday morning ( 7:45 am start)
elevation gain app.: 613 m distance : 10.9 km .
We’ll collect in hope for dinner and debrief. you must book your own accommodations in hope.
Must have your AST1 or IBS training to attend and the backcountry skiing/splitboarding essentials are required ( yes splitboarders are accepted =))
- 40-50L Ski Touring pack
- Avalanche Safety Equipment (beacon, shovel, probe)
- Personal Food, clothing, and toiletries
- Touring Skis or split board
- Headlamp with high Lumens
- Recommended items:
- spare socks and gloves
- versatile clothing layers for rapidly changing weather conditions
- repair kit
Required Skills and Fitness:
- Fitness to ski all day with 20-30lb backpack. Distance up to 15km and 800m vertical
- Ability to ski/ride black diamond runs on Whistler-Blackcomb under any conditions
- Recommended: basic first aid training
Participants will be pre-screened by trip leader and selected for ability and social fit with the group.
will create a whatsapp group as people are confirmed and well coordinate drivers and risks.
**Disclosure: I have not toured this peak, and is my first time leading a ski tour group before but have been well prepped by some amazing acc folks and have some familiar faces to support from IBS.
Sign-ups are no longer available for this event.