We will go to the Table Mountain area near Mt. Baker ski area. The plan is to drive up to Heather Meadows parking lot, skin up to Artists’ Point or Herman’s Saddle and see what the conditions are. The timing of the storm is a bit uncertain but the weather should be improving through out the day. Storm slabs are forecasted for all aspects so the skiing will be limited to short runs and there will be likely time to do snow profiles and practice with avalanche beacons.
If you are planning to take your car make sure you have snow tires and chains.
Bring passport or Nexus card.
Avalanche forecast (will be updated tonight at 6 PM):
NWAC West slopes of North Cascades
Please read the ACC waiver, you have to agree and sign it tomorrow before the trip:
Ski season so far has been pretty good, with access being the limiting factor.
sign-ups are no longer available for this event.