Rescheduled – Spearhead Traverse

April 21st 2017


Description:

postimage
RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER.
This will be the standard Spearhead traverse
route over three days (weather cooperating)
from
Blackcomb to Whistler.

Due to the nature of the area, this trip will
be postponed if avalanche and/or weather
conditions do not look reasonable.
Participants will be pre-screened based on
their prior trips with the club and myself and
will be finalized in mid-February.

Participants are expected to have glacier
travel training, winter camping experience, and
at least the equivalent training of AST-1.
This is not a beginner or intermediate trip.
You must be comfortable skiing steep runs with
a heavy pack.

First camp will is planned to be near Pattison
with the second camp on Naden. There is a
possibility of staying the second night at
Russet Hut as we did last year. If not, the
third day we will get up early and ski out on
the regular Whirlwind Fissile Col.

Sign up

sign-ups are no longer available for this event.