This is an *informal practice session,* not a course. I’d like
together and practice some rappelling
techniques. I’m giving registration priority to people who
taken the intro to rock, top-rope
anchors, and basic mountaineering course this year and
want to cement
their new skills with some group
Basic stuff to practice:
- setting up a rappel anchor
- setting up a prusik backup
- rapping down
For people who are comfortable with the basics, we can try
out some next-level stuff:
- multipitch rappels
- building and assessing tree anchors for multipitch
- how to climb back up the rope if you go down past the
Previous rappelling instruction or practice.
Review before the session:
- anchor building
- rappel technique
- prusik knot
- If you want to practice climbing the rappel rope, review
rope climbing technique.
Sign-ups are no longer available for this event.