Canada Day Extra Extra Long Weekend
A 5 day trip to Mt. Rainier National Park in Washington with
objective of skiing the E face of Little Tahoma Peak,
and the Emmons Glacier from the summit of Mt. Rainier,
You must have experience travelling and skiing in glacier
a be in good shape.
- Thursday: leave Vancouver 6 AM, cross the border and
south on I-5 to Seattle and onward to White River Ranger
station, register and get climbing permit ($40), ski to
- Friday: climb and ski Little Tahoma Peak, ski across Fryingpan and Emmons Glaciers to Camp Schurman
- Saturday: climb and ski Mt. Rainier, overnight at Camp
- Sunday: extra weather day
- Monday: ski out, drive home
Sign-ups are no longer available for this event.