We are committed to supporting community activities and organizations. We aim to make a difference through donations, sponsorships and the volunteer spirit of our members.
Here some of our Friends:
Mahoney & Sons – Provide a venue for our social events, and delicious food and drinks.
Hearthstone – Provide the most delicious beer for our AGM every year.
Bivouac.com – Alright, not a partner, but Robin’s been working on the site 40/h week for the past 15 years and we definitely think it’s worth it. VISIT WEBSITE
Nomad Nutrition – Get 15% off your first purchase with the discount code ACCVAN. VISIT WEBSITE
Spearhead Huts Project
A number of keen members of the ACC-Vancouver Section are contributing their valuable experience to the Spearhead Huts Committee. Past-chair Rob Brusse brings extensive vision and financial management skills, Manrico Scremin offers his business writing and project management expertise, Sam Giroux provides Facebook communications, while Liz Scremin and Colin Boyd apply their design and construction experience from the Jim Haberl Hut Project to this exciting endeavour.
Clothing & Equipment:
- Arcteryx – Discounts on some amazing ACC branded gear.
- FjallRaven – Outfitting our trip leaders.
- The Mountaineers – Huge discount on books for trip leaders and course participants.
- Onsight Equipment
MEC – Mountain Equipment Co-op
MEC is one of our community partners and allows us the use of conference & meeting facilities and offers a 10% discount to our members during select nights per year.
Courses & Training:
- Extremely Canadian – $100 off most courses. 1-604-938-9656 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mountain Skills Academy – 10% discount on all courses. 1-604-938-9242 email@example.com
- ClimbOn – Provide free rentals for club courses, and 50% off regular rentals for members.
- Cliffhanger Climbing – 10% discount on passes.
- Edge Climbing
- Ground Up Climbing
- Marwick – Lends us office space in Squamish.
Peak Dietetics Partnership
Peak Dietetics is owned by Kavanagh Danaher, a Registered Dietitian based out of Squamish, BC. Kavanagh works in one-on-one counselling, group presentations, as well as consulting for food industry. Kavanagh counsels mountain enthusiasts on improving their diet for health or performance. She works in partnership with clients to improve their health through progressive goal setting and evidence-based nutrition recommendations. Kavanagh would like to offer a 5% discount to ACC members, with an additional 5% going towards environmental grants through the ACC.
If you have any questions, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel Insurance Partnerships
Our section recommends two travel insurance providers. When planning a trip, get a quote from both to see what works best for you.
- TuGo Insurance – Send an email to email@example.com with your trip details to get insurance from TuGo. The Vancouver Section will get a 10% commission on each booking. Proceeds from this will go directly to club initiatives!
- Lifestyle Insurance – Check out THIS LINK to get a custom travel insurance plan for your trip.