NOTICE: COVID-19 UPDATE
UPDATE April 17, 2021
Hi ACC Vancouver Section Members,
The entire volunteer ACC Vancouver Executive wish to thank our members for continuing to support the section through being members.
Please keep referring back to the website to stay on top of any updates/changes as to how we are functioning with ever changing parameters.
Section Winter trip postings can resume from now until the end of May with the following guidelines:
- Max group size of 6 for remainder of the winter season.
- Day Trips only, tone objectives back
- Read and Follow ACC Vancouver Posted Covid Safety Plan found under resources on our website and from below under Informational Resources.
- Health declaration filled out by every participant including co-ordinator. Link below to the form.
- Trip co-ordinators must obtain Health declarations, waivers and bring participants attention to the posted Covid-19 safety plan and Snow sports documents, links are below and found under resources on the accvancouver.ca website. The Covid-19 Safety Plan further outlines for both co-ordinators/participants on how everyone must conduct themselves. It is the responsibility of co-ordinators/participants to read and understand the Covid-19 ACC Vancouver Section Safety Plan.
- Health declarations and Waivers MUST be obtained in person at the start of the trip.
- Participants are to be advised in the trip posting and subsequent communication to print off their own forms, bring a pen and bring them to be signed at a safe distance.
- Co-ordinators bring a ziplock bag or such to place all forms into one bag to be sent to the Section.
- Co-ordinators/Participants are to communicate with each other prior to showing up to the trip with regards to any COVID symptoms as outlined on the Health declaration. If either answers yes to any of the declaration questions then they cannot show up.
- All Co-ordinators and participants must provide their full contact information, name, cell number and email to the trip posting for contact tracing purposes and for emergency contact.
- Please expect followup from the ACC Vancouver Section Executive after your trip is completed.
- All documents are to be mailed to the ACC Vancouver Postal Box at:
- 595 Burrard Street
PO Box 48241 Bentall Centre
Vancouver, BC V7X 1A1
- If any co-ordinator requires assistance please email to [email protected]
COURSES AND SKILLS
ACC Vancouver May Rock Courses
- Top Rope Anchors May 8
- Intro to Sport Climbing May 15
- Intro to Trad Climbing May 16
- Intro to Rock Climbing May 29 or 30
- Rock Rescue May 29
Go to the calendar for details on sign up: https://accvancouver.ca/calendar/
Keep checking back for details on our Basic Mountaineering Course (BMC) hopefully running sometime in June/July. Remember in order to take the BMC, Intro to Rock is a prerequisite.
The ACC Vancouver is continuing to deliver virtual Socials. We have been very fortunate to have had well attended Virtual Socials throughout the Fall. All Socials will be posted to the calendar so members have notice of upcoming events and read the newsletters sent out for updates.
Please go to the Huts section of the website for more information.
- ACC Covid-19 Safety Plan – March 20, 2021 – https://accvancouver.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ACC-Covid-19-Safety-Plan-updated-Mar-20-2021.pdf
- ACC Declaration of Health – https://accvancouver.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Declaration-of-health-and-exposure-March-2-2021.pdf
- BC Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations mask use
- ACMG checklist
- follow the BC CDC’s instructions
- accvancouver.ca/calendar/ for the calendar
- BC Parks COVID-19 response information
- BC Search and Rescue Association COVID-19 safety recommendations
- Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Covid-19 response information
- Mailing address for the ACC Vancouver Section
ACC Vancouver Section595 Burrard StreetPO Box 48241 Bentall CentreVancouver BCV7X 1A1
Again, Please keep checking back for further updates.
Very best regards,
Chair | ACC Vancouver