NOTICE: COVID-19 UPDATE
UPDATE May 27, 2021
Hi ACC Vancouver Section Members,
- Maximum group size of 10
- Day trips only until the next phase of the restart plan
- Trip coordinators must obtain/inform:
- Health declarations
- Inform participants that we have a COVID-19 safety plan on our website and to read it as it will be followed on the trip.
- Inform participants not to come if they are feeling unwell. Refer to the Health declaration.
- Health declarations and Waivers MUST be obtained in person at the start of the trip.
- Participants are to be informed in the trip posting and subsequent communication to print their own forms, bring a pen and bring them to be signed in person at a safe distance.
- Co-ordinators should bring a ziplock bag to place all forms into.
- Inform participants that names, cell numbers and emails need to be provided for emergency contact and contact tracing.
- To find out about planned trips and the “Latest News” keep checking the website especially as B.C. COVID health rules change and make sure you have your preferences updated on the new website.
- Mail documents to the ACC Vancouver Postal Box at:
- 595 Burrard Street
- PO Box 48241 Bentall Centre
- Vancouver, BC V7X 1A1
- If any co-ordinator requires assistance please email to [email protected]
COURSES AND SKILLS
ACC Vancouver May Rock Courses
- Intro to Rock Climbing May 29 or 30
- Rock Rescue May 29
- Intro to Mountaineering June 12 – 13. Please note that in order to take the Intro to Mountaineering, Intro to Rock is a prerequisite.
Go to the calendar for details on sign up: https://accvancouver.ca/
The ACC Vancouver is continuing to deliver virtual Socials. We have been very fortunate to have had well attended Virtual Socials throughout the Fall. All Socials will be posted to the calendar so members have notice of upcoming events and read the newsletters sent out for updates.
Please go to the Huts section of the website for more information. Bookings for both huts are open.
- ACC Covid-19 Safety Plan – March 20, 2021 – https://accvancouver.ca/wp-
content/uploads/2021/03/ACC- Covid-19-Safety-Plan-updated- Mar-20-2021.pdf
- ACC Declaration of Health – https://accvancouver.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Declaration-of-health-and-exposure-March-2-2021.pdf
- BC Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations mask use
- ACMG checklist
- follow the BC CDC’s instructions
- accvancouver.ca/calendar/ for the calendar
- BC Parks COVID-19 response information
- BC Search and Rescue Association COVID-19 safety recommendations
- Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Covid-19 response information
- Mailing address for the ACC Vancouver Section
ACC Vancouver Section595 Burrard StreetPO Box 48241 Bentall CentreVancouver BCV7X 1A1
Again, Please keep checking back for further updates.
Very best regards,
Huts Co-Director | Past Chair | ACC Vancouver