The Executive of the Alpine Club of Canada – Vancouver Section administers the ACC-Vancouver Section Endowment Fund. Grants are made annually to worthy projects typically in the range of $500 to $2500.
Mandate and Funding Guidelines
The mandate of the Endowment Fund is to enhance the constitutional objectives of the Alpine Club of Canada and the activities of the Vancouver Section. Accordingly, the focus of the Endowment Fund is on:
1. Special projects that support the activities of the Alpine Club of Canada, such as equipment purchases, huts development, promotional efforts, safety and educational initiatives, publications, special expeditions or camps;
2. Conservation work that maintains or enhances mountain and climbing environments, such as campaigning for access rights, upgrading trails, improving signage, and installing environmentally appropriate waste disposal systems in mountain huts;
3. Wilderness preservation in recognition of the fact that wilderness is a rapidly diminishing resource of great intrinsic value and that we must act quickly to protect these areas and the wildlife that inhabit them.
What projects are supported?
All projects that meet the mandate and funding guidelines are considered, however priority is given to projects initiated or jointly sponsored by the Alpine Club. Priority is given to projects in British Columbia, but worthy projects in other locations are also considered.
How to apply?
Download an application form and information package. Applications should be returned by mail to the Treasurer of the Vancouver Section. You may also contact the Executive for further guidance. See Contact Us
Applications are reviewed by the Executive, annually in February or as needed and are assessed in light of the following selection criteria:
- Relevance to Alpine Club of Canada goals and objectives.
- Applicant’s ability to successfully carry out the project.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Positive impact upon Canadian wilderness and/or mountaineering.
The ACC-Vancouver Section Endowment Fund provides a permanent legacy with lasting benefit for the Vancouver Section and its members. The Section extends its gratitude to all donors to the Fund.
|Special Thanks go to our donors:
Mr. Charles McGowan